Monday, June 23, 2008

"WE SALUTE 107 YEAR OLD CORPORAL FRANK BUCKLES"




Miss G from Little House of Music would like you to meet and salute Corporal Frank Buckles. Corporal Frank Buckles is the last known WWI veteran honored on this past Memorial Day.
Kansas City, MO.- Frank Woodruff Buckles, the last known living American-born veteran of World War I was honored Sunday at the Liberty Memorial Day weekend celebrations.
"I HAD A FEELING OF LONGEVITY AND THAT I MIGHT BE AMONG THOSE WHO SURVIVED BUT I DIDN'T KNOW I'D BE THE NO.1," the 107 year old veteran said at a ceremony to unveil his portrait.
Buckles, who now lives in Charles Town, W. VA was born in Missouri in 1901 and raised in Oklahoma. Buckles visited a string of military recruiters after the United States entered the "war to end all wars" in April 1917.
This photograph was hung in the main hallway of the National World War I Museum, which he toured for the first time, and the Veterans of foreign Wars of the United States Presented him with a gold medal of merit.
Corporal Frank Buckles, "Thank You" for helping to keep our country the best country in the world!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: