Saturday, June 21, 2008

"THE HULA HOOP"




Miss G with Little House of Music wants to know if you can keep the "Hula Hoop" going, on and on?
When I was a kid I had no problems at all. I could keep the hula hoop going round and round all day, so why can't I do it now? Is it a hip thing with women? It makes me so mad, I try and try and the dumb thing keeps on falling down!
The Hula Hoop was invented in 1958 and sales were over 100 million in the first twelve months. In 1957 an Australian Company began making wood rings for sale in stores. Richard R. Kmeer and Arthur K. Melin of Wham-O Toys in California found out about the idea and the next year plastic, bright colored hula hoops were for sale everywhere in the USA. What an idea! I guess both of them and their families are very rich people today. I wonder if the older ladies in the family can keep the darn thing going round and round? Maybe it's just me! I'm going to keep trying because it's a great exercise, well I guess I do get exercise from picking it up all the time!
Go get a Hula Hoop and see if you can still do it and let me know!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: