Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"MISS G's PUMP ORGAN"




I am so lucky! This is Miss G with Little House of Music and I have an antique 1898 pump organ in my music studio from the city where I was born. It was passed down to me by my Aunt Faye and Uncle Henry and it was passed down to them from my great grand parents. It was make in York, Pennsylvania by the Weaver Organ and Piano Company and still to this day works perfectly. What great workmanship they had back then, the wood is beautifully carved and it is a wonderful piece of furniture to have in our home.
All my students get to play it. They love to hear the different sounds it makes. Some of them have problems pumping the pedals!
Can you imagine having to play one of these in church every Sunday! I would be worn out by the second song!
I am very proud and grateful to have this piece of history in our home. It adds a special touch to my music studio.
Stop by and I'll let you play it!
Miss G Little House of Music

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss G,

I tried to post last night, but my Internet connection is really "iffy". I live WAY out in the country and only get internet by satellite. If this is a duplicate, you're welcome to delete it. Thanks!

I was so excited to find your blog and the picture of your pump organ. I just inherited a Weaver pump organ just slightly older and in not quite as good a condition as yours, but I am so very grateful to have it. It does play, but I'm going to have to put some work into it. While it's not difficult to rebuild the innards (I've done one pump organ before; I wouldn't recommend it to the faint of heart!) it is a bit tedious.

The organ, as far as I can tell, as lived most or all of its life in NC (where I still reside). My favorite auntie has handed it down to me to restore and hand down in the family.

Best of luck with your pump organ. They are such beautful instruments with such sweet voices. May the Lord bless.