Friday, June 27, 2008

"MEET MY STUDENT & FRIEND MISS LYDIA"


This is Miss G with Little House of Music and Miss Lydia is my "Character" student!!! When I teach her I just sit and shake my head and laugh!!! It is very difficult for Lydia to be quiet when she is playing. Half of the time I'm not sure if she is talking to herself or to me, Miss G! I look forward every week to teaching Lydia, she is one in a million and no one else I have ever taught can compare to her personality and isn't she just PRECIOUS?
Lydia has just passed through that special time of just playing the piano into the "I Can Now Play Any Song I Want Too" stage. When you get a student to finally realize that they can really play the piano and be proud of their accomplishments, it's a special gleam on their face. Lydia picked out two songs she likes and started to play one of them yesterday. YOU GO LYDIA! There is no stopping her now and as we all know it's much more fun to play songs you like instead of those songs in those dumb student books!
Lydia did it and is well on her way to becoming a professional pianist.
Lydia is also in every other thing that you could possibly be in! Basketball, Cheer leading, I think soccer and maybe track, and on and on not to mention being a great student at school! Since Lydia is involved in so many other activites I have been worried that she would never get to the stage of playing that she did yesterday. But she did it, she pulled it off. I'm so proud of you Lydia. Keep up the good work and keep talking to yourself, it must be helping!
Love and Hugs,
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: