Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"OUR OWN RACHEL GRADUATES"




Hello, this is Miss G from Little House of Music.
Pictured on left is our Rachel, our graduate and on the right is Rachel and her sister Niki after the graduation ceremony was over.
"OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL EVENING WE HAD!"My husband, Paul's granddaughter "RACHEL" graduated from "Douglas Anderson School of the Arts in Jacksonville, Florida." Their commencement was top of the art. You could tell from the prelude that the combined bands played that you were at a graduation at a school of the arts. The music was not your typical high school band and orchestra performance. The music was "FANTASTIC!" The processional of "Pomp and Circumstance No.1" song was like hearing the Boston Symphony play. The Concert Chorale sang the song "Sleep." Their voices were so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. What talented graduates this school has produced. I just couldn't believe my ears. It was almost like hearing music played at a University where the students were getting their Doctors Degree in Music.
Consider this, Douglas Anderson School of the Arts is a city school. You must pass a test to get into the school and also have a talent in one of their fields that they teach, visual arts, drama, theatre, voice, piano, instrumental, creative writing and dance just to name a few.
Why don't we have a school like this in every city in the USA? I know we don't where I live but we certainly should. I am going to check this out with our school superintendent in our county. I think everyone should look into this for the students where ever you live. When these graduates enter the doors to college or Universities they are already way advanced in their fields then a graduate from just a regular high school.
My hats off to Douglas Anderson School of the Arts. I wish they would open a school in every city in the USA.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: