Friday, June 6, 2008

MEET OUR "MICHAEL"


About nine months ago I received a call here at Little House of Music from a very sweet lady, Mary, who now I know very well. She said her sixteen year old son wants to learn how to play the piano. Well away he and I, Miss G went! He has some ear for music and it's sad that he didn't start to play the piano at an earlier age. At our Christmas party after taking music lessons for only two and a half months of he played John Lennon's, "Happy Xmas!" It would take most students at least a year or more to get at that level to be able to play that song. Well, at our Little House of Music "Songs of May" party Michael played "Touchy Subject" by: Chobits - OST 2. I had never ever even heard of the song before he walked in the door with the music. He said, "Miss G, this is the song I want to play at the party." I looked at it and said, "OK!" It's was a very difficult song with both hands in the treble clef. I was worried that he would never pull it off but guess what? Michael played it by memory at our party. I'm so proud of him. I think he has found himself in his music and I know that he is proud of himself and that alone is a marvelous thing. I'd like all of my students here at Little House of Music to feel like Micheal does. It's so very important to be proud of yourself and to like yourself.
Needless to say Micheal and I have lots of fun at lessons. He wanted to run before he could crawl and he has done it! You Go Michael! I'm already afraid to find out what he wants to play at our next party!
Michael is music, he has it inside of every part of him. He feels music and his timing is perfect. What a great student, I look forward to coaching him every week. I Love You Michael!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: