Saturday, August 23, 2008

"THIS IS HOW MISS G TEACHES THE NOTES TO HER STUDENTS AT LITTLE HOUSE OF MUSIC"


Miss G with Little House of Music has so much fun teaching her students the first ten notes, C-G in the Treble clef and C-F in the Bass clef.
I am wearing Sweet Candy's, Middle C's hat and holding up the letter C and the C note on the staff. "Plus I have a lollipop in my mouth!"
There is a hat for every note and the letter and the note on the staff. My students put the letter with the right note and add their hat and "Presto" the students learn the notes.
It is not the letter C or the note C that helps them learn so fast, It's the "Hats!" By lesson ten of level two of Little House of Music my students match all ten notes to the ten letters and add the ten hats and we are off to the piano to play!
After 20 lessons in Little House of Music or 20 weeks my students can sit on the piano bench and read music. Hallelujah!
By adding the hats it makes learning music fun. Actually it's so much fun that they don't even know they are learning.
You all will get to see all ten hats the students add to the notes real soon.
I'll blog the children wearing the hats. That will really be so much more fun!
Stop by Little House of Music and I'll show you all ten hats!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: