Thursday, August 14, 2008

"MISS G WITH NEWS FROM BEIJING"











Miss G here with Little House of Music. I received an e-mail from my son, Chris this morning from Beijing.
This is what he said: "The people are very friendly, but this city is massive, 17 million people! We're about 40 minutes from downtown (staying near the airport) so we take taxi's everywhere, but it's very inexpensive, a 30 minute taxi ride is $10.00.
The haze is everything they said ti was, it's like a constant fog over the entire place, but I don't really see it effecting the performances as it seems to be more of a humidity haze than true pollution.
I had a low key day yesterday, so I went to the forbidden city to see all the palace's from the previous empires. It was Amazing! Imagine an area the size of a large college campus surrounded by a massive wall and a moat. It would have taken hours to walk the entire place.
Track and field starts tomorrow a.m. so we'll have a very busy next 3-4 days of morning and evening sessions. After Tuesday, it's just an evening session each day so it will be better and not so hectic."
How very cool, my son in Beijing, China. Chris has been to just about every country in the world except of course, North Korea!
Sounds like he's enjoying himself and getting to take it all in. I just wonder if he'll like the food?
Chris is just like his Mom, me, Miss G, he loves his career. We are two lucky people.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: