Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"TWO OCTAVES OF KIDS" 16 LITTLE HOUSE OF MUSIC STARS!







I gave all my students better known as "The Recording Studio Kids" the same four notes in the right hand, and the same four notes in the left hand and I said to them, "Write a Song." Needless to say they all looked at me like I had lost my mind. Of course none of them could write a song. Well guess what? I ended up with 27 compositions written by my students and 16 (two octaves) are on our CD "Two Octaves of Kids!" The notes I gave them were in a minor key with three flats. Most of my students who wrote songs couldn't read the music they wrote! Of course I didn't tell them that! Most all of their songs turned out to be classical songs. The songs are wonderful and we'll soon have the composition book finished.
I sent the CD to the Grammys and we waited and waited to see if it made the ballot. It did and were the children ever excited. Can you imagine being seven years old and have a song on the ballot for a Grammy? You are a winner just my getting your CD on the ballot, the CD is heard by professionals and must qualify to be on the ballot. Everyone was so excited!
Not only did our Miss Hallie do all the artwork for our CD front and back covers and insert, plus CD cover she made it on the ballot all alone with her song "Fourth Tide" for best contemporary classical composition!
Keep in mind not one of my students could write a song! I'm so proud of them. Now I have some students who have written ten songs. Now they know they can write a song! Very Cool! Guess it's time to do "Two Octaves of Kids Two!" For more information on this CD and how to purchase it call Miss G at Little House of Music: 888-GFEDCBA or 888-433-3222.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: