Monday, May 12, 2008

"LORE AND FAMILY COME TO THE USA TO VISIT"




ISN'T MY NEW "LORE" BEAUTIFUL?
In one of the older post I wrote the story about "The Power of One Song." My E-mail from Lore in Belgium asking me why I wrote a song named "Lore?" Last summer she and her family came to visit us for two weeks from Belgium. We had only ever talked on the phone and had never met. Both of our families were nervous, after all they were coming to a strange country for the first time and staying with strangers and we were having company from Belgium for two weeks staying at our home that we have never met! From the minute we hugged at Orlando airport we became family. I personally had the best two weeks of my life. They loved Florida and we took them everywhere we could take them in the two weeks they were here. Lore's mother and I are true friends, we spoke Yesterday on the phone to wish each other Happy Mother's Day. While they were hear Simoone and I became coffee buddies. We talked and talked and talked about everything every morning while on the patio sitting at the table with our coffee! Lore's brother was the most wonderful young man. He was are "Program Director" for two weeks. He planned what time we would leave the house to go everywhere we went. He was so much fun and very funny. Lore and I couldn't get enough of time together. It was so wonderful to get to hug her every morning and every night. It was a fairy tale that became true. Lore and I E-mail constantly and talk on the phone at least once a week. Lore is now 18 and is going to college in the fall in Belgium. Now it's my turn to go to Belgium! I think I'll just show up at their home someday in a big box! That would be so much fun. Thank heavens they all spoke English because I surely don't know dutch! I loved to hear them speak to each other in there language. I wish there were here with me today so we could float in the pool together and laugh like we did last summer. I miss them, they are now officially part of my family and I love them and loved every minute I got to spend with them. Isn't this a cool story? All because of one song I wrote I now have a new family in Belgium.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: