Sunday, May 4, 2008

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER LORE"


Today was my sister Lore's birthday. Her favorite flower was the yellow rose. In honor of her birthday I am going to plant a new yellow rose bush in my front yard today. Then I am going to take one single yellow rose with me to the beach and throw it into the Atlantic ocean. I will talk to her before I throw the rose into the ocean. If anyone sees me or hears me talking to no one I'll probably end up in the mental ward!
I'm so trilled to have had her in my life for 32 years. Wish you all could have known Lore. It was because of her that I wrote my first song. Lore said, "let's write a song!" So I wrote a melody and she titled it and wrote the lyrics and that's how my whole life's career started as a songwriter, from one song my sister and I wrote together. The song is called "Rainy Heart" and it is on my Dancing Four O'clock CD. Lore had the beautiful voice and I had the gift of music in my fingers. We were quite the team!
This December 14Th she will be gone for 33 years. 33 years of not having my only sister Lore. For all of those years I have had so many things I remember about the two of us to smile about and for all of those years I have had so many things about the two of us to cry about. I always have so many things to tell her. I just wish I knew she could hear me when I talk to her!
Today I will celebrate her life not her death.
She always said, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! I'd rather eat a whole lemon marange pie!
Miss G, Little House of Music

No comments: