Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"NAME MISS G'S KITTEN'S CONTEST"

MEET SUZIE AND SONNY, SUZIE FRONT RIGHT, SONNY BACK LEFT!
AREN'T THEY JUST PRECIOUS?
At Little House of Music we have all kinds of fun contests. We had so much fun with "Name Miss G's Kitten's Contest!" This contest started after my best friend Pumpkin passed away. I had her for over 14 years. My husband and I went to the Vets to get our boy cats, Patch and Squirt their yearly shots right after Pumpkin left us. I'm sitting in the waiting room at the Vets and of course I'm talking to everyone about their pets and declaring "I will never get another pet as long as I live!" It's too hard when you lose them. A few minutes later it was our turn to see the Vet. When we got in the room Dr. Fuller said to me, Georgia go look in the next room at the bottom cage! Well I did, and there were two all white precious kittens a brother and a sister. I got one out and walked into the other room to show my husband Paul, this darling blue eyed white kitten. Dr. Fuller said it was a girl and I could have her but I've have to take both of them! Paul knowing how very unset I was with the loss of Pumpkin said, "If you want them you can have them." I went back to the cage and picked up the boy, and that did it, I feel in love with both of them immediately! So, within twenty minutes I was never getting another pet but walked out of the Vets with two new pets!
So, the next Monday the contest began, name the kitten's! My students came up with most wonderful names, cute names, hundred's of names that I was totally confused! One of the last students to pick names came up with Suzie and Sonny the twins, two of my characters in Little House of Music. Although in Little House of Music the twins "Suzie and Sonny" are the group of two black notes and the kittens were white that was it! So Suzie and Sonny it was! The winner Summer Gayden won money plus five things out of the prize basket for picking those names.Why didn't I think to name them from Little House of Music characters? Suzie and Sonny have been so much fun. Brother and sister playing together, sleeping together. Paul and I would rather watch them then anything on TV! Paul calls Suzie the blue eyed devil! They are so sweet and purr all the time. Suzie should work in a hair salon, she kneads my hair every morning when she thinks I should be up. Some morning my hair is in dreadlocks!
Thank you Dr. Fuller for giving us two new baby's to love.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: