Sunday, May 25, 2008

"MISS G's BLOOMING AIRPLANT"




Other than music, the beach and birds my hobby is flowers, trees and shrubs of all kinds. I like to buy them when they need tender loving care. My most beautiful flowering plants were marked down in price and looked like they were dead when I purchased them. I get great satisfaction from taking a sick plant and nursing it back to beauty.
The picture is of a cluster of my air plants blooming, it's real name is Tillandsia a member of bromelaid family. I now have about 25 air plants, all different kinds, shapes and sizes and they all bloom from time to time.
An air plant needs no soil, moisture and nutrients are gathered from the air,(dust, decaying leaves and insect matter.)
Air plants are also known as Ball moss and Spanish moss.
I do soak mine in water every other week and mist them weekly. They really seem to like it here in Florida, guess they are just like me!
Enjoy!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: