Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"MISS G'S RAIN LILY & SWEET POTATO PLANT




Enjoy my blooming flowers in my yard. This is Miss G with Little House of Music and I was doing some gardening yesterday but ended up taking more pictures than doing any gardening!
The picture on the left is of a rain lily. They say they bloom when we are going to have rain. Our rain lilys here in Florida are pink but some states have white and I've also seen yellow, I'm sure there are more colors of rain lilys elssewhere.


The picture on the right is my sweet potato plant. Dark purple leaves and the flowers are just beautiful? I have another sweet potato plant but it doesn't bloom but it's green, pink and purple color, it's beautiful. The sweet potato plants can also be a ground cover. You can actually plant a sweet potato that you get from the grocery store and it will take off. It's not as pretty as the deep purple one or the variegated one but the leaves are the same and they are usually green but they are an excellent ground cover.
I took lots of pictures yesterday so stay tuned for more beautiful flowers.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: