Monday, July 14, 2008

"MISS G GOT TO FEED THE FLORIDA SANDHILL CRANES!"




I was so excited! This is Miss G from Little House of Music and I got to feed the Sandhill Cranes over the weekend. I don't think it would have taken very many days and I would have had them eating out of my hand. They are so beautiful.
We were visiting our good friends at Lake Harney in Geneva, Florida and my friend Linda feeds the Sandhill Cranes everyday. They come right up to the door and holler when they are hungry. It is so cute!
The Sandhill Cranes you see in the pictures are the Florida Sandhill Cranes. There are many different sizes, shapes and colors of the Sandhill Cranes on earth.
The Florida Sandhill Cranes are also called: Grus Canadensis Pratenis! They are five to six feet tall and weigh about six-fourteen pounds. There are around 650,000 thousand Florida Sandhill Cranes.
The red on their heads is very beautiful!
I hope you enjoy the pictures of these beautiful creators we have here in our beautiful state of Florida.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: