Monday, July 14, 2008

"MISS G COACHES ALL AGES OF STUDENTS!"




This is Miss G with Little House of Music and one day about 8 months ago I received a phone call from a friend of Kay's wanting to know if I would go to her home to coach her on her piano because she just had back surgery and couldn't drive. I don't usually go to peoples homes to teach but something told me I should go and teach Kay. So of course I said yes. It has turned out to be one of the most rewarding things I have undertaken in a long time.
Not only did Kay have back surgery she had just lost her husband of 42 years. She defiantly needed a boost in her life. She lives alone except for her two cats and has always wanted to play the piano.
Kay is now playing the piano and just had a hip replacement! Poor woman! Her music has saved her from a lonely depressing life.
Kay and I are not just piano coach and student, we have become very good friends and I enjoy every minute she and I are together. She needed me and that's the greatest thing in life is to be needed.
Each week she has improved tremendously and is now playing some of her favorite songs. I'm so proud of her for not just sitting at home doing nothing, she is learning, she is getting her degree in music!
I love you Kay and you have helped me as much as I have helped you.
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: