Thursday, July 10, 2008

"DON'T WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH?"


Miss G with Little House of Music. My son is a sports agent for track and field and goes all over the world. Chris says that everywhere he goes just about everyone speaks English. When Lore came to visit me from Belgium she could speak English, Dutch (Flemish), German and French. When we have the freedom of speech why don't we Americans learn other languages?
I do believe that anyone that becomes a US citizen should be able to speak English but if I went to France to visit I wouldn't know a thing they were saying and I studied French for eight years! I only learned how to conjugate every verb! I think our school systems should do a much better job of teaching our children to speak other languages instead of how to conjugate a verb!
I think we Americans should stop being so lazy and learn other languages. After all we live in a country that has Freedom of Speech!
I'm going to get my French dictionary out! I also studied Russian for three years and can't pronoun one word correctly!
I just might soon write a blog in French!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: