Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"MISS G WITH LITTLE HOUSE OF MUSIC---WHICH CHORD YOU DO LIKE THE BEST?"




Miss G with Little House of Music would like to know which chord you like the best?
A C Major Chord---C-E-G or a c minor chord---c-e flat-g. C Major is pictured on the left and c minor on the right.
When you are playing a C Major Chord in root position which means the name of the chord is all at the bottom, all you have to do is flat your middle note and you are playing a c minor chord. A flat means to play the next key to your left. Flat's so down!
Take notice that a C Major Chord is capital letters. But the c minor chord is lower case letters.
All Major Chords sound like a sunny day, all minor chords sound like a cloudy day! Very interesting isn't it?
I have all of my students play both chords and tell me which chord they like the sound of the best.
Although I play all chords I like the minor chord sound the best. I love classical music and so I'm sure that's why I like the minor sound the best. Most of all classical music is written in the harmonic minor key.
Let me know which one you like the best. This is not a test, just something to do for fun!
Enjoy, Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: