Friday, September 26, 2008

"MISS G WITH LITTLE HOUSE OF MUSIC---COULD TODAY BE ANOTHER "BLACK" FRIDAY?"







Miss G with Little House of Music found a very interesting article about today in history!
I certainly hope this is not going to be another "Black Friday!"
On this date in 1869, the stock market began a 20% nosedive (the equivalent of a 2,200 point drop in today's Dow after an attempt by several investors, including President Grant's brother-in-law, to corner the gold market triggered a sell off of $4Million in U.S. Treasury bullion in order to stabilize the precious metal's price.

They say history repeats itself. I certainly hope it doesn't this time! I wonder if President Bush is aware of what happened in 1869 on this date. I'm hoping that he is and he gets us out of this mess for all of the U.S. citizens and our country. How could they allow this to happen anyway. "GREED!" They managed to get out of the mess in 1869, why can't we?
PLEASE, NOT ANOTHER BLACK FRIDAY!
I want a bumper sticker that says, I didn't vote for Bush!!!
Miss G Little House of Music

No comments: