Monday, April 28, 2008

WHERE ARE THE MARCHING BANDS?


For years there has been College Football games on every Saturday. Fall and football just go together hand and hand but I have a question, WHERE ARE THE MARCHING BANDS at halftime? I realize that the football players work hard through sweat and tears to get ready for every Saturdays game, but so do the Marching Bands. Apparently the college students that are in the schools marching band are not as important as the football players. If we viewers are lucky enough we get to see them or hear a little music when their wonderful football team scores. What about all of their sweat and tears, rehearsals, hours upon hours of learning to play their instrument only to be seen by the spectators at the game, I guess I should say the spectators that are still in their seats at halftime and not going to the bathroom or getting something to eat or drink.
I believe the students in the marching band are more talented and more important than the football players! The TV stations that carry the games must think we are idiots. We spend our halftime reliving the first half of the football game that we just watched! Why can't we watch the marching bands at halftime? I bet the students that are in the marching bands have a much better grade average than the football players, I also bet that they have put a lot more time into learning their instrument than the football players learning to play football and I would also bet that they don't get in nearly as much trouble as the wonderful football players do. What's up with this? I want to see the Marching Bands from both College's or Universities at halftime. I already know what the score is for every other game that is being played by watching that thing that moves across the bottom of the TV scene. I want to hear the band's play and I want to see them and see their routines. What in the world is wrong with the TV stations, or should I say their producers. I feel so sorry for the marching band members. All that work for what? Come on everyone help me out. Wouldn't you be so proud to see you child or grandchild at halftime marching on the football field and hearing their beautiful music? I believe the reason we don't get to see them is because every Saturday they will play much better than the football team!
Miss G, Little House of Music

No comments: