Sunday, April 27, 2008

"THE POWER OF ONE SONG" "LORE"


"LORE"
"THE POWER OF ONE SONG"
A TRUE STORY
This is Miss G. I had a sister whose name was Lore.
December, thirty-one years ago Lore walked into the hospital to have her first baby. Things didn't work out the way we had hoped. My only sister Lore passed away and I carried her baby daughter out of the hospital. Needless to say our family was devastated, we lost our Lore. One thing that helped me through the disaster was writing the song "Lore" in honor of my sister.
This past summer I received a guest book entry on my website. I almost fell out of the chair when I read the new entry’s name. There in big bold letters it said from LORE! In her comments she asked me why I wrote a song named "Lore?" She said that she was searching on Google to find out what her name meant when she saw the song "Lore" from Little House of Music. She said she listened to the little bit of the song they play on Google and it sounded beautiful but sad and would love to hear the whole song. I E-mailed her immediately and waited impatiently just like a kid waiting to go to Disney for her reply. Finally the E-mail arrived and I had a new Lore in my life. She is sixteen and lives in Belgium. Isn't this unbelievable? We have now E-mailed each other hundreds of times and have spoken on the phone. First call was 57 minutes. Lore, her Mother and Brother are making plans to visit us this summer. If they don't come here I'm going to Belgium to hug my new Lore.
Isn't it funny how life is? This December 14th I had a new Lore in my life and didn't grieve over the loss of my sister the way I used too.
I have a new Lore in my life because of “THE POWER OF ONE SONG!”

2 comments:

LoRe said...

Hi I'm Lore and I turned 18 a month ago. I had a great experience traveling to Florida and meeting Miss G and her friends and family ! Hey, that rhymes ;-) I'll always be grateful ! G, I love you !

Little House Of Music said...

Lore,
I love you also and I can't wait to get to hug you again! Please come back soon!
Miss G Little House of Music