Saturday, April 26, 2008

FROM THE PIANO BENCH TO THE BEACH

How very lucky we are here at Little House of Music. When our fingers get tried from playing the piano we can go and walk on the beach and hunt seashells, sea glass, swim or surf in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean! All of us are only a few blocks away from PARADISE. We can watch the sunrise on the the water and see the moon's light dashing across the ocean's white caps.
I come up with my best song ideas and lyrics while walking on the beach.
One day while walking on the beach for one hour I found 436 pieces of sea glass, some people call it beach glass. It's from any different color of glass thrown into the ocean. The ocean swirls it around in the sand and it becomes smooth as silk. I have found every color of sea glass except "PINK" so the hunt continues. I'm determined to find every color all by myself! I'll never buy the man made kind!
If there is a day with no sea glass or seashells I pick up trash. I always take several extra big bag's and fill them full of trash. If we could all pick up trash from our beaches for one hour I believe we could get it all! I'd sure like to try. Why to people leave trash on the beach? If they could carry it to the beach why can't they carry it back home with them?????
My favorite commercial ever is the one where the Indian Man is standing on the beach surrounded by trash with tears rolling down his cheeks. It must have been wonderful to be alive in a time where there was no trash on our beaches!
Gotta go, it's getting close to low tide!
Miss G

No comments: