Thursday, April 24, 2008

Five Year Old Kicked Out of Piano Lessons

April 24, 2008

Funny, funny, funny! When Little House of Music was nominated for a Grammy for Best Children’s Album I was sitting in the audience waiting for my category to be announced, I was laughing out loud as I thought about what I would say if I won! First, of course, I would say thanks to all and then I would say briefly, “Just think my first piano teacher would not teach me anymore at the ripe old age of five because I did not play the songs exactly the way they were written!”
GO FIGURE! By the way, I’m Miss G with Little House of Music. Anyway, back to my first piano teacher, my parents were devastated to say the least; their five year old daughter got kicked out of piano lessons when she sounded so good at home on the piano and played every song from Sunday school and Church by ear when she got home every Sunday!
Looking back my first piano teacher did me a huge favor because my next piano teacher had an ear for music and understood why I was jazzing up all those boring songs I had to play in those dreaded student music books! I was blessed like my second piano teacher; we both had the gift of music in our hearts and soul! Music teachers without an ear for music are also great music teachers, don’t misunderstand, they just don’t know how to relate to a child that has “The Gift!”
Anyway, Elmo beat me out for the Grammy but I still was a winner just by being nominated. Talk about funny, I was beat by a character not even a real live person, You Go Elmo!
I send my love and three hugs to every child in the world, 123, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, Miss G

No comments: