Saturday, April 26, 2008

"PIANO/MUSIC TEACHER TIP"

I just recently had a Mother call me to ask if I had any opening's for piano lessons. She mentioned that she did call one teacher that had an opening and she took her daughter to the teachers home to meet her. Her daughter ask the piano teacher to play a song for her and the piano teacher said, I don't like to play in front of others! ARE YOU BELIEVING THIS?
A piano teacher who won't play in front of other's!
We'll my reply to the Mother on the phone went like this. If that piano teacher won't play in front of anyone else how does she expect to teach her students to play in front of others?
When someone won't or can't do something how in the world can they teach someone else to do it, especially a child???????????
Just One more reason to make it mandatory for private music teachers to have a state license!
Miss G, Little House of Music

No comments: